Yay for a new year! Welcome to 2017 you guys. I’m so excited to start this year off with goals, dreams, and the awesome feeling of being able to say that I checked things off my list last year, even when I thought I didn’t.
For last year’s “goal” post (see that post here!), I talked about the list of the 101 in 1001 I keep (just a little list of simple goals that I want to accomplish) and when I pulled it up today, the first time since this time last year, I was able to go through and check off so many things! The funny thing about life is, I accomplished things I didn’t think I would, and didn’t even come close to doing things I could’ve sworn I would do. A big thing on my “to-do” list for the beginning of this year was to pick a word I wanted to live by this year. My word is “intentional”. I want everything I do to be done with intention and purpose from the time I spend with my family, to the friendships I keep, cultivate, & nourish, to the way I serve my clients. Experiences are greater than things, and doing things with intention is experiences done willfully. With that said, I’m making it a goal to intentionally work on the things on my 101 in 1001!!
I do have a few specific goals for the year:
- Drink more water. I know it’s a total cliché. This is one of those goals that fall in line with “eat healthy” , and “exercise more”. I’m working on it 🙂
- Spend less time on social media, Facebook specifically. With Lent season coming up, it’s looking like I’m giving up Facebook. It’s a time sucker and ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Attend more networking events. My Tuesday’s Together ladies, where ya at?! I can’t wait. I love getting to know other creatives!
- Go to 2 workshops/retreats. It’s something I’ve never done and I want to every year!
- Host a workshop/retreat here in Cincinnati. I mentor budding photographers, and it would be so fun to host an entire room of them! A day of photography talk, snacks, and inspiration. It’s always been something I want to do. Maybe this will be the year!
- Take the kids to Harry Potter world. They would be so pumped, but let’s face it, so would I!
- Lastly, book 3 more destination weddings! Scotland is planned for June, but I would love to schedule some more! If you’re reading this and getting married somewhere other than Cincinnati, I’d love to chat! And if you’re getting married in Cincinnati, I’d still love to chat with you 🙂
What are your goals for making 2017 an awesome year!?